There is good news about the winter! When it comes to home heating this winter, the Energy Information Administration predicts that on average, a household’s fuel heating costs will decrease to $928 per household, which is down from the $947 it cost last year. While this is good news, that is still a lot of money! Luckily, there are some additional things you, as a homeowner, can do to lower your heating costs even more this winter.
- Turn down the thermostat: You can save an estimated 3% for every degree you turn down your thermostat. If you turn it down when you go to work and go to sleep at night even just 10 degrees, you can save a good deal on your heating costs!
- Use your curtains: Opening up the curtains allows for the sun to heat your home and closing them at night helps reduce the escape of heat.
- Install a low-flow shower head: A water-efficient shower head will use less hot water and therefore, less heat!
- Keep your heating vents clear: Keeping rugs and furniture away from the vents will allow for the hot air to circulate properly.
You may be asking yourself what is equipment breakdown coverage for my farm?
Well, put quite simply, equipment breakdown insurance covers nearly all the critical equipment and systems your farm depends on to function efficiently:
- Well/water pumps
- Computerized feeding systems
- Milking parlors
- Circuit breaker panels
- Alarm systems
- Cleaning systems
- Air and refrigeration compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Silo unloaders
- Milk collection equipment
- Cooling systems
- Automatic waterers
- Manure pumps
- Electrical/emergency generators
For more information on how you can add equipment breakdown insurance to your policy, contact us today.
January is National Celebration of Life Month. Life is a gift and we know that it can be ended without warning. Something we’d like you to think about this month is your life insurance. Do you have it? Do you have enough? Perhaps you have a policy through your employer. That is wonderful, but is it enough coverage to ensure that your family will be well-taken care of should something befall you? MAX Insurance Agency, Inc. offers life insurance. Contact a MAX agent today for more information on how to keep your loved ones on solid financial ground.