Category Archives: MAX
by Cher’ Brown, Administrative Coordinator
As a mom with two wonderful daughters under the age of 12, the gift of the homemade card and some hugs is all I will need from them. Fortunately I have a beautiful mom and a twin sister that will be visiting me and my girls over the weekend. We plan on having a nice picnic and just spending quality time together. I enjoy watching my girls learn and have fun with the other “moms” in their lives. I didn’t appreciate my mom or grandmothers as much as I do now that I am a mother. There are all kinds of “gifts” to give on Mother’s Day. For new moms or even stay at home moms, a relaxing and quiet day at the spa getting pampered with no distractions or worries is a great gift. For any mom, having dinner made and dishes done by someone other than mom is a fantastic gift. Flowers are also a favorite for moms. The gift of photos are always a good one. But by just telling your mother or the mother figure in your life “Happy Mother’s Day” is music to our ears.
This time of year is known for spring cleaning. Have you considered cleaning up your insurance policies? One way to do so is to review your policies with your MAX Agent. Think about what has changed this past year in your life that may affect your policies. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is the coverage on my home adequate? Have you added an addition or made any significant upgrades? It’s important to remember that insurance is based on “replacement cost” not market value. If your dwelling is underinsured, you may not be able to fully replace it should you have a total loss.
- Is the coverage on my related private structures adequate? The Homeowners policy automatically includes a limit of 10% of Coverage “A” Dwelling for Related Private Structures. Any structure designed or used in whole or in part for farming or agricultural purposes is excluded and can be written under a Farmowners policy.
- Is the coverage for theft on certain property like money, jewelry, silver, guns, etc. adequate? If not, additional coverage should be purchased.
- Are you a collector or do you own antiques? If you have valuable items that cannot be replaced easily, an appraisal will help your MAX agent more accurately evaluate whether your contents are adequately insured. These types of items should be scheduled in order to avoid any question of value at the time of a loss.
- Is there coverage under my Homeowners policy for my business? The Homeowners policy has very limited coverage for any type of business conducted on or away from the premises. If you own and operate a business from your home, you should contact your MAX agent as you may need a commercial insurance policy.
We hope you find these questions useful and that you’ll do some spring cleaning of your insurance policies this month. Feel free to contact your MAX agent or us and we’ll be happy to assist you in your spring cleaning!
Since April is Stress Awareness Month, we thought it would be best to share one idea on how to relieve stress for your family. How can insurance do just that? Well, have you purchased life insurance? Purchasing a life insurance policy will put you at ease to know that your family will not have to encounter a financial burden if something were to happen to you unexpectedly. Your loved ones will have enough stress during that difficult time and if you can relieve just a little bit of it ahead of time by having life insurance, then just do it.
Contact your MAX agent today for life insurance options. We would be happy to help you.